Causes & Mentorship
Below are some of the causes I support.
- DonorsChoose – A non-profit that features thousands of public school teachers seeking basic school supplies, or extra gear for special projects. The teachers post their pitch. You choose a project. When it gets fully funded they post verification pictures of the kids using the resource which your funds provided.
- Room to Read – Room to Read seeks to transform the lives of millions of children in low-income communities by focusing on literacy and gender equality in education. Working in collaboration with local communities, partner organizations and governments, Room to Read develop literacy skills and a habit of reading among primary school children, and support girls to complete secondary school with the relevant life skills to succeed in school and beyond.
- Kiva – An international non-profit that helps entrepreneurs in developing countries find financing from around the world. With as little as $25, you can loan money to say, women in Africa hoping to buy a sewing machine to start their own sewing business, or herders in Bolivia needing some equipment to make cheese, and soon enough they will repay the loan, so you can re-loan the money again to someone else. 100% of the money goes to helping individuals you select; Kiva’s operating costs are funded separately.
- Oxfam International – A global organization working to end the injustice of poverty. Oxfam’s approach is about tackling the conditions that cause poverty in the first place, rather than the distribution of material goods
- UNHCR – The UN Refugee Agency – A global organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities and stateless people.
- PLAN International – Advancing children’s rights and equality for girls in over 75 countries.
Mentorship with Brad
Areas of Mentorship and Teaching Assistance: